Friday, October 4, 2013

First Trip to Shanghai

Last week I made a trip out to Shanghai with a friend who will start a job there after the National Holiday.  I took some pictures and wanted to share them with you.  My overall impression of Shanghai is that it is a very large New York City.  I only visited three areas so I really can't say too much about the city.  I will make a longer trip to the city next week and share with you my thoughts then. 

This is a view of Pudong, which is literally the 'East of the Huangpu River'.  This is the new area that many foreigners think of when they talk about Shanghai.  I apologize for the picture quality, it was a really clear day, but my camera had some issues with a number of photos.  I may have had some dirt on the lenses and didn't realize it.




This is a shopping district just west of the Huangpu River, close to the famous 'Bund' neighborhood.  I believe this was a non-denominational church.

This is an area just north of the financial district.  You can see a lot of English and French influence in the older sections of Shanghai.



This is a photo taken on the famous 'Bund'.  Again, my apologies for the poor photo quality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment