Sunday, September 1, 2013

The first week

I called my first week the 'honeymoon' because I didn't have too many official obligations.  What I did do was learn how to travel around town, learn a few essential sayings, fill out important paperwork, open a bank account, sign up for direct deposit, buy furniture, grocery shop, visit the different campuses, meet my supervisor and co-teachers, eat in the faculty dining rooms, get my hair cut, do laundry, shop, dine, shop, dine...  It was a lot of fun, but I didn't get too much work done. 

So what are my first impressions?  I think (and hope I'm correct) that this is the best decision of my life.  This city is amazing!  But, it has only been one week.  I've been relegated to the wealthiest neighborhoods in the city, and the tourist areas.  I can't predict how I'll feel in two weeks, or a month, or a year, but right now I think this city is pretty cool. 




No comments:

Post a Comment